Google local page is everything for a local business where users can place recommendations, publish their own photos and reviews, view a business’ Google Plus page with posts and other useful information. Google Maps marketing is one of the most powerful tools small businesses can use to bring in more customers.
A Google local Page connects to your website, your YouTube channel, Google Analytics, Webmaster Tools, Local Search (for local businesses), Gmail. Sometimes you don’t even know that Google + page already exists. Google might have automatically created Google + page when you set up a YouTube channel or based on information from an old Google Places page or from references to your business found on 3rd party websites.
Step by step instruction on how to create your business Google Local page or claim ownership of an existing Google Local page
To add your business to Google+ Local, or to claim ownership of an existing Google+ Local page go to https://www.google.com/business/ and sign in with any Google account (Gmail, YouTube, Analytics, etc.) that you have, or create a new Google account using the ‘Sign Up’ button.
For best results using Google My Business:
• Represent your business as it’s consistently represented and recognized in the real world across signage, stationery, and other branding.
• Make sure your address is accurate and precise.
• Choose the fewest number of categories it takes to describe your overall core business.
You will need to verify Google + page that you have just created.
The screen for verification options will automatically appear when you create a local page. If your page is already made, look for verification on the My Business dashboard.
The first option is to receive a confirmation by postcard.
If you select that option, you’ll see an image of the verification postcard with the name of your business and the address you supplied when creating the page.
You’ll receive it in the mail after one to two weeks. Once you’ve gotten the postcard, go to the website listed (http://www.google.com/local/verify) and log in with the same account you used to request the code. Go to the My Business dashboard to complete your verification. Enter the code and you’ll be finished.
Or you can verify your page by phone.
The last step is to connect your website to your Google local page.
- Verify your website in Search Console. The verified webmaster can approve a request to connect your website to your brand page.
- Select > Google+ Page from the menu at the top left corner of the screen.
- On the “About” tab, click the Link website button next to your website URL.
Don’t see the link? Google My Business listings aren’t eligible to link to a website. You can add your website to your business information by following these steps.
- The verified webmaster can confirm the link in Search Console.
- Once the link has been approved, you’ll receive an email. You’ll also see a check-mark next to your website on the “About” tab of your brand page.
Verifying your website can offer your business some extra benefits with Google’s services. Confirming that information can help the search engine to supply better results in queries.