WordPress is a free and open-source content management system (CMS) based on PHP and MySQL. WordPress’ amazing CMS is only part of the picture. Unlike some other platforms (like Squarespace and Wix) where necessities like hosting are built in to the total cost of using their service, WordPress focuses solely on doing what it does best – operating as a content management system. This means that, if you want to build a website on WordPress, there will be some inevitable third party costs associated with getting your site up and running.
The only real cost is web hosting and domain, theme and premium plugins.
The platform is user–friendly, intuitive and easy to learn. The popular content management system as WordPress is easy to learn and supports full customization. That means that just about anyone can learn to use WordPress. Whether you’re a beginner or a guru, you can create professional, functional and profitable websites using this amazing CMS. From a simple blog to a fully managed e-commerce site WordPress open-source platform can do it all.
We created a list of WP courses to help you learn to Build WordPress Websites and Blogs from Scratch.
1. WP 101. Since 2008, their WordPress tutorial videos have helped 1.4 million beginners learn how to create their own website or blog in about an hour.
2. Lynda. Linda is an American online education company offering thousands of video courses in software, creative, and business skills and more.
3. WordPress.tv compiles all of the presentations from WordCamps, community-based conferences that are put together by WordPress users to share information about the platform.
4. BlogAid helps people who aren’t technologically gifted learn the ins and outs of WordPress. The company also teaches SEO, content marketing and other skills necessary for running an online business.
5. Udemy lets almost anyone teach a course on just about anything. Enter “WordPress” in the search function and you’ll find more than 500 classes and tutorials on the subject.
6. OSTraining. The company focuses on teaching people how to use WordPress, Joomla and Drupal. One of the factors that makes OSTraining especially effective is the company’s emphasis on support.
7. WP Learning Center. If you prefer customized approach, you’ll benefit from the WP Learning Center. You’ll be matched up with a private instructor who will teach you about WordPress as you work on your existing website. When you’ve mastered a skill, your website will prove it. You’ll be able to ask questions as you go and learn at a pace and schedule that works for you.
8. WP Apprentice .WP Apprentice can help you get going with the WP Quick Start course. The free course will teach you how to find a host, install WordPress, choose a theme and create a post or page. If you want to get more detailed with your website, take the Business Website Blueprint or WordPress Essentials course. Entrepreneurs who need to learn how to create an e-commerce site can watch the step-by-step tutorials to start selling products and services. WP Apprentice is streamlined and straightforward. It’s an ideal course for beginners who aren’t technologically savvy.
9. BobWP. Bob Dunn began using WordPress in 2007, and he quickly realized that the platform was the ideal solution for online entrepreneurs. Because he has a passion for teaching, he decided to share his experience and knowledge through WordPress training and coaching.
10. LaunchParty provides online WordPress tutorials. If you are the beginner – you will be interested in taking the free 3-day challenge for beginners where you will learn how to make your first WordPress website! LaunchParty is a 100% free course that teaches beginners how to create their first WordPress website using Elementor. This course is meant for beginners that want to create a WordPress website without any coding. The course is structured as a 3-day challenge that is called “Website In A Weekend”.
Last but not least here at OlgaBoca, we provide customized WordPress courses to your needs.
Hope these tutorials and online courses can help you.