30% of the web is now powered by WordPress.
As more of the world embrace the power of digital experiences, WordPress is one of the top choices for internet marketers.WordPress is heads above its competition in creating functional websites that users can tailor to their needs. From business service websites and eCommerce websites to personal blogs, WordPress can create just about any type of website you need through customizable themes, customizable widgets, and handy plugins.
It started as just a blogging system, but has evolved to be used as a full content management system and so much more, through the thousands of plugins, widgets, and themes, and this platform is limited only by your imagination.
It is important not to confuse WordPress.org with WordPress.com. WordPress, the open-source CMS is available on WordPress.org. On the other hand, WordPress.com is a blog hosting service.
It is open-source and 100% free for anyone to use. All you need is a domain name and web hosting. This is why it is also referred to as self-hosted WordPress.
Why do you need to convert your website to WordPress?
This is a powerful website platform that’s made to be as easy as possible to use. If your current website is difficult to update by yourself or you’re not getting the level of interaction with your visitors, you may want to consider WordPress for your company’s website redesign.
Why Do We Recommend WordPress?
- Professional Templates – There are thousands of ready-made templates that you can use on your site. These themes are developed by professionals from all over the world.
- Incredibly Powerful – WordPress websites can be easily extended with plugins. By installing plugins, you can add any functionality to your existing websites such as adding a contact form, adding a reservation system, adding a photo gallery, and more.
- Full control and Ownership – You get full control of your website, its domain name, and all its contents. You can make any changes you want, and there is no limit on how much your site can grow in popularity, traffic, sales, and users.
- Free – WordPress is free to use. You need to purchase a domain name and web hosting but even with those costs, WordPress is still one of the most affordable website builders out there.
- Plugins – You can add free, paid, and custom WordPress plugins/apps to your website.
- Easy to manage – Are you a small business or organization that requires more than one person to add content to the site? Again, WordPress can help. It enables the site owner to set up users, who can then post to the site. What’s more, certain privileges can be applied to these users so that they only have access to posting content and not the functional side of the site. Or You can make modifications yourself and not rely on another person.
- Easy to Use – While WordPress takes some getting used to, it’s actually very simple and easy to use. Installing WordPress itself takes no time at all either, many hosting providers provide 1-click WordPress installation.
WordPress is the best platform for SEO.
A website is only relevant if it can be found by your target audience. The higher your site ranks when someone searches for it, the more likely it will be read. Search Engine Optimization (SEO), involves properly coding your website so that search engines like Google and Bing will find it easier, and rank it higher. The code generated by WordPress has been engineered to give you the best SEO possible. Matt Cutts, the senior search engineer at Google, has even mentioned WordPress specifically as being capable of ranking higher in search results.
Especially in regards to on-page SEO, the WordPress platform allows you to take care of a lot of important elements.
- Proper HTML markup — Though written mostly in PHP, WordPress creates HTML pages that are easily understandable by search engines. The latest generation of themes (like Genesis) have even started to take advantage of HTML5 and the improvements it brings.
- SEO-friendly permalinks — WordPress comes with the ability to use so-called “pretty permalinks.” That means links to posts and pages can contain keywords so search engines and visitors understand what they are about. Of course, you can control the content of the link which is the new standard-setting in WordPress.
- Title tag and headings — The title of a page (which is usually wrapped in h1 tags) is one of the most important parts of on-page SEO. Together with other heading tags, it informs Google about the information in your content and gives it structure. WordPress allows you to set all of this up without manually writing the necessary HTML tags.
- Easy content creation — Content has become the tool to stand apart in search engines. Thankfully, as a former blogging platform, WordPress makes creating high-quality content as easy as using a word processor. Multimedia content like videos and images are also no problem.
- Optimized images — Talking about images, besides adding photos and other visuals to your content, the WordPress editor also allows you to further optimize them with ALT tags, descriptions, and more.
WordPress has done a lot over the years to be search engine friendly. By now, it is a mature platform with extensive SEO capabilities. WordPress plays nice with Google and other search engines, has loads of themes and plugins for advanced SEO optimization, is fast and mobile-friendly, community supported, secure and easy to learn.
In short, WordPress is the perfect CMS for SEO and building websites that rank well. If your goal is to hit Google’s front page, the WordPress platform is your best bet.
If you've lost control of your website, you're not alone.
To own a website, everything needs to be registered on your name: domain name, web hosting, and a developed website.
We at OLGABOCA make sure you have control over your website, domain name, hosting and social media accounts.