Whether you’re a professional WordPress designer or you’ve just heard about WordPress, you’re probably asking yourself, “what’s the fastest way to create a website?”. Choosing a WordPress theme is one of the most important decisions you’ll have to make before starting a website design.
Sometimes, all you need to build a website powered by WordPress is to buy a WordPress Theme. WordPress themes usually come with pre-built pages, a set of features, different design elements, and color schemes that will make your website unique.
There’s a good reason why WordPress is becoming more and more popular, and why WordPress powers nearly 80% of all websites:
- Easy installation, management, and free support
- No programming knowledge is necessary
- No design knowledge is necessary
Now, let’s evaluate what makes a good WordPress theme and why some themes are better than others.
Things you need to consider when choosing a WordPress theme:
- How often is the theme was updated?
- How good are the support and the documentation?
- How good are the reviews and showcases?
- When was the theme created and by which company?
- How long will your site take to load? Check your website speed at https://www.webpagetest.org/ or http://gtmetrix.com
If you have a design idea, images, and content – you are ready to begin.
We recommend you start by looking at the themes available from the official WordPress theme directory or, for e-commerce, from WooCommerce. Furthermore, if you find a theme you like, but need additional features, look for a premium theme from the same developer. We also highly suggest ManageWP. It will manage your backups, updates, and most importantly, with the help of ManageWP, you can clone your website from a temporary site (stage platform) to your live version.