30% of the web is now powered by WordPress.
As more of the world embrace the power of digital experiences, WordPress is one of the top choices for internet marketers.WordPress is heads above its competition in creating functional websites that users can tailor to their needs. From business service websites and eCommerce websites to personal blogs, WordPress can create just about any type of website you need through customizable themes, customizable widgets, and handy plugins.
It started as just a blogging system, but has evolved to be used as a full content management system and so much more, through the thousands of plugins, widgets, and themes, and this platform is limited only by your imagination.
It is important not to confuse WordPress.org with WordPress.com. WordPress, the open source CMS is available on WordPress.org. On the other hand, WordPress.com is a blog hosting service.
It is open source and 100% free for anyone to use. All you need is a domain name and web hosting. This is why it is also referred to as self-hosted WordPress.
- They are simple – HTML websites are basic and easy to set up but don’t take it for granted because it depends on the builder you’ve applied;
- They are much faster – Their size and the fact that they use fewer resources than dynamic sites give them a significant speed advantage compared to dynamic sites, making them load much faster.
Why do you need to convert your website to WordPress?
This is a powerful website platform that’s made to be as easy as possible to use. If your current website is difficult to update by yourself or you’re not getting the level of interaction with your visitors, you may want to consider WordPress for your company’s website redesign.
- Professional Templates – There are thousands of ready-made templates that you can use on your site. These themes are developed by professionals from all over the world.
- Incredibly Powerful – WordPress websites can be easily extended with plugins. By installing plugins, you can add any functionality to your existing websites such as adding a contact form, adding a reservation system, adding a photo gallery, and more.
- Full control and Ownership – You get full control of your website, its domain name, and all its contents. You can make any changes you want, and there is no limit on how much your site can grow in popularity, traffic, sales, and users.
- It is free and super easy to use.
- You can add free, paid, and custom WordPress plugins/apps to your website.
- Are you a small business or organization that requires more than one person to add content to the site? Again, WordPress can help. It enables the site owner to set up users, who can then post to the site. What’s more, certain privileges can be applied to these users so that they only have access to posting content and not the functional side of the site.
- or You can make modifications yourself and not rely on another person.
- Installation is usually as easy as a one button click. If you can do basic edits to a Microsoft Word document, you have the skills to edit web pages built on WordPress.
A website is only relevant if it can be found by your target audience. The higher your site ranks when someone searches for it, the more likely it will be read. Search Engine Optimization (SEO), involves properly coding your website so that search engines like Google and Bing will find it easier, and rank it higher. The code generated by WordPress has been engineered to give you the best SEO possible. Matt Cutts, the senior search engineer at Google, has even mentioned WordPress specifically as being capable of ranking higher in search results.