Converting the static HTML website into dynamic WordPress platform
What is a Static HTML Website?
Websites that only use Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) and CSS are called static websites, and websites with scripting are called dynamic websites.
Advantages of an HTML Website
There are some advantages of choosing static HTML for your business website. You will get the most out of this type of website or any other type of website when you choose the right hosting company. Some of the main advantages of a static HTML website include:
- Little Maintenance – After your website is live, you won’t need to do any regular backups or updates. If nothing is changing, there’s no reason to create a new backup.
- Low Requirements – HTML websites don’t need servers with MySQL or PHP. They can run on a very cheap server with very little resources. However, most hosting companies still give you support for PHP and MySQL.
Disadvantages of an HTML Website
These are the only two real benefits of using static HTML for your website. There are several disadvantages including:
- Hard to Update – If you don’t understand HTML and CSS, you may struggle to update your website. Every time you want to add something or change something, you will need to hire a developer.
- Cost – Hiring a developer for every little thing you want done can get very costly. HTML websites often end up costing much more than a WordPress website.
- No Added Features – You cannot simply add a plugin to get something new. It has to be coded into your website, which means you will need a developer.
WordPress is a unique and powerful platform that allows you to easily publish content and create a unique website design.
Converting the static HTML website into dynamic WordPress platform provides a number of benefits.
- Professional Templates – There are thousands of ready-made templates that you can use on your site. These themes are developed by professionals from all over the world. We recommend you start by looking at the themes available from the official WordPress theme directory
- Incredibly Powerful – WordPress websites can be easily extended with plugins. By installing plugins, you can add any functionality to your existing website such as adding a contact form, adding a reservation system, adding a photo gallery, and more.
- Full control and Ownership – You get full control of your website, its domain name, and all its contents. You can make any changes you want, and there is no limit on how much your site can grow in popularity, traffic, sales, and users.
- It is free and super easy to use.
- SEO friendly – WordPress(WP) platform has a lot of SEO embedded throughout its code. Of course it is possible to have SEO through HTML but you will have to spend more time coding and getting the basics of it, might even have to hire a SEO expert.
- User-friendly – With WordPress, you can simply add content to your website without hiring a developer.
WordPress is the best content management system (CMS) available today. This software allows you to easily create, edit, manage and publish content on your website without having to learn any programming at all.
If your current website is difficult to update by yourself or you’re not getting the level of interaction from your visitors, you may want to consider WordPress for your company’s website redesign.